The European CCS Demonstration Projects Network currently consists of the leading CCS projects in Europe, Compostilla (Spain), Don Valley (UK), ROAD (The Netherlands) and Sleipner (Norway). The Network is composed of one post-combustion power project, one oxyfuel power project, an IGCC power project and a gas processing, amine capture project, each capturing or planning to capture around 1MtCO2/yr. Sleipner is the only project currently in operation.
- The European Commission (EC). The EC provides overall coordination and context to the actions of the Network, and retains a seat on the Steering Committee.
- Members. The Network consists of Member projects that fulfil the criteria , or other projects which do not fulfil the criteria but are deemed valuable to the Network and their consortium partners.
- The Steering Committee (SC). The SC is composed of representatives of each of the project
proponents and the EC.
- The Advisory Forum (AF). The AF comprises representatives of national administrations and
other key stakeholder organisations.
- The Network Secretariat. The Network Secretariat is responsible among other, for organising, facilitating and reporting on annual and interim events, collecting and analysing information for publication of progress reports and thematic reports, managing the knowledge-sharing planning, supporting members, communicating and promoting the Network to the global CCS community and the general public, managing the websites, intranet and social media.
Based on a typical consumption estimation: http://www.epa.gov/cleanenergy/energy-resources/calculator.html#results